Project 2018

hashtag Fenix (photo credit: Tommi)

These past couple of months have been a complete readjustment. From financial responsibilities to personal issues I've had to face head on. That's life. The good and bad are a never ending roller coaster, the waves of good are followed by those gut wrenching horrendous parts. You shut your eyes and then someone hold your hand and they remind you that even in the worst parts of the ride, there's always that silver lining, even the most minimal part of fun or humor. Life always start to feel conquerable when you have the right people by your side. 

From the group of people that always have my back is Fenix. Yes, once again it's #hashtagFenix. 
I've been spending time away from a computer screen to write my thoughts in a journal. It's been nice to journal and doodle, anywhere and anytime. Fenix and Tommi also journal. In Fenix's last visit, December 2017, we decided to embark in a new journey together. Our relationship only gets stronger with time despite the miles of ocean between us, and because of this, we've decided to take turns journal-ing to one another and posting it (for non Europeans, that means to mail it out). 

The project started on new years, as I logged in our first entry right as the clock struck midnight. Fenix and I talk about everything, and we try to inspire one another. I cannot describe how much I love her. I always tell her that I have a lingering homesickness that stems from missing a person, from missing her. 

I hope 2018 has more ups than downs, and more flavor for our journal entries (at least mine). Tommi sent a picture from Italy this week (photo credit), one of Fenix writing in our journal. You can see her own journal to the side, some books, and dare I say, color pens (you know I love black ink). I hope to give you adventures from my end, to make you laugh from across the pond, to make tear up with tales from the deepest part of me, but most of all, I hope I can make you feel more loved. Your unconditional love for me is something I'm deeply grateful for.

Comments

Popular Posts