Random LA afternoon

After a long and successful morning in downtown LA (I wrote this yesterday but forgot to post it), I find myself tired and with a thirty minute delay for the blue line. I need a fix... so I walk down to Spring Street...my beloved Spring Street. I pass by The Falls... their door is random but I like it a lot.

Lounge 
Awesome door
Once again, yes I know, I head over to Coffee Bar. Wow, the 1906 really hit the spot today!!! I so needed it. 

1906
I can't explain what it is about this drink, it's just so delicious. 
Since the coffee was settling in, I decide to hit up my favorite bookstore (ever), The Last Bookstore. I was going to kill time and kind of mellow out for a bit...I couldn't resist!
The Last Bookstore

The goodies I brought back today that will be getting a home in my ever so packed bookcase are: Pablo Neruda's Twenty Love Poems and a Song of Despair and Albert Camus' Exile and the Kingdom

Today's books and bookmarks
I needed some poetry, I've been feeling emotionally and intellectually inept lately. What better to analyze and meditate upon than poetry, especially by such an amazing man, Neruda. And Camus, what can I say about Camus? Wow... since I read The Stranger back in 2003, I fell in love with this talented author. Other works that I have read by him are The Plague and The Fall. IF anyone is reading this dull blog...get out there and read some Camus! 






Comments

Popular Posts