The Huntington Library

Yesterday I spent the day at The Huntington with my friend Kathy. It was cold, gloomy, and started to rain when we got there. Of course, if you know me, you know I'm in my element on a cold rainy day.

When it rains, you have to look beyond feeling cold. Rain brings life. You see flowers opening up and you hear birds chirping amongst themselves. It's washes away the past and makes way for a new beginning. 

I guess being there, that day, with the rain is what I needed. It's how I felt. There are certain things that you have to do in life that are difficult. It's that "gloomy" aspect. But you have to remember that it brings happiness and a new beginning. The most difficult things in life are the ones that are worth it. 

Taking a step back reminds you of why you continue down that path. It may have its unknowns but that's what makes it an adventure. You can't make it alone, most eirons (heroes) in stories had their sidekicks. They need that person that believes in them and makes them believe in themselves, helping them conquer those hurdles. 








Comments

Popular Posts