I will be grateful...

Lately I've been focusing solely on my Instagram account (@pleaseprintclearly) and somewhat posting pictures on
my Tumblr as well. Life has been busy. For those that know me on a personal level, you know that a busy lifestyle is where I strive. I GOT A NEW JOB!!! Yes, I still work for my beloved Anthropologie but now I get the best of my both worlds. As you know, I'm a linguist at heart. Not only that but I loved taking psychology classes in high school and throughout college. I not only get to work around gorgeous clothes and art at Anthro, but now I interpret for a psychotherapist. I also get to work with a psychologist and psychiatrist. I'm in love!

I know, to most it sounds bizarre, but I'm intrigued with the human mind. You've all read my language rant in an earlier post, but now I'm learning more and more about the power of the mind. I was twelve or thirteen the first time I dove into the topic of psychology; I read "I'm OK You're OK," by Thomas A. Harris. It was published in the 60s, and you can tell by the retro cover. I remember feeling amazed by the complexity of the mind when not used appropriately. The fact that the book showed one how to deal with problems by knowing oneself more was astounding. I was hooked.

After that, I loved analyzing human behavior. I think that's another reason why I leaned towards English in high school. The written word was a portal into that author's mind, into their train of thought, into their being. Not only that but then you'd analyze characters and their actions as well. That later brought the love of language. We convey our thoughts and ideas through speech as well. It's all connected.

I can go on for hours and hours. All I can say is that I'm at a level of happiness I hadn't been for awhile. The thing is that I hadn't noticed that I wasn't there. I try to be positive. My life has had some crappy moments, really crappy... loss of family, loss of dreams, lose of friends... but I always tried to move on. And I have. The only thing that I think I truly missed has been school. I love learning and having conversations of substance. I'm so happy now! Because of this "high," I'm excelling in all my other activities. I've been spending time with my real friends, spending more time in the city that I love, planning trips to Europe, sewing more, and working on certain relationships that have me looking forward to the future (you know that I'm talking about you).

I know the world is a horrid place right now, so I'm enjoying my present to the fullest. No one can control anyone else, and only you can control yourself if you choose to. I choose to love my life and those who appreciate to be in it. I choose to be around those who appreciate me and around those I appreciate. I'm grateful for everything and everyone in my life. With that, I'll leave you with a few lines from Bright Eyes' I Will be Grateful for This Day:

"The pictures' left unfinished.
So I am writing my own ending.
I'll let my pen bleed black or blue.
And I will color in the meaning.
It will be gold and green and true.
And I'll learn to love my new discovered proof.
I'll be grateful for this day.
I will be grateful for each day to come."

Comments

  1. All I can say is that I'm at a level of happiness I hadn't been for a while. …. I was smiling so strongly I could have gotten a face cramp!! This reminded me of this quote:

    Frodo: I can't do this, Sam.
    Sam: I know. It's all wrong. By rights we shouldn't even be here. But we are. It's like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger, they were. And sometimes you didn't want to know the end. Because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened? But in the end, it's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer. Those were the stories that stayed with you. That meant something, even if you were too small to understand why. But I think, Mr. Frodo, I do understand. I know now. Folk in those stories had lots of chances of turning back, only they didn't. They kept going. Because they were holding on to something.
    Frodo: What are we holding onto, Sam?
    Sam: That there's some good in this world, Mr. Frodo... and it's worth fighting for.

    I feel like we ask this question towards life, and the unfortunate events that take place within it, but we have good friend’s yay!

    OH! And “BRIGHT EYES” LOVE THEM!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts