What makes you create?

When I was younger, I'd take out my anger towards the person or thing that made me angry. My papa told me that wasn't good. Then, I went to the other extreme and kept it all within. He also told me that wasn't healthy ... And well that just lead to me blowing up later on. I soon learned to channel my feelings into art.

Now, well I don't get angry as much. When I do, I get away, think about the issue and then try to handle it. At times I make something or even sew.

Today, sadness crept up. It's ironic. When I try to handle things the right way, when I take a different approach to certain aspects of life... It still doesn't work out. I don't want to get into details, it's more than just me.

All I have to say is that it does help me create. Whatever motivates you to create, own it. I'm a better writer when melancholy sets in. I paint better when I'm sad. I feeling negative ... But at least this can come out of it.

Comments

  1. I love it! I’m not just saying this because I’m your friend… it looks awesome, it brought back memories no joke, I was contemplating the painting and me driving back from Oregon, with a pumpkin spice mug from 7eleven I think or ampm but I was missing LA so much lol! its true when we are down our imagination soars high and we are able to create wonders. Your painting is sooooo rad!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts