Beach Bound

One of my favorite classes while I was in college was marine biology. Learning about all these animals and habitats made the class a joy rather than just another G.E. I learned so much about how animals' bodies function. I spent every Friday at the beach doing my labs. Hanging out on a jetty was fun, hanging upside down and counting starfish. One of my favorite Fridays was at the tide pools, we found a sea hare... that was so cool! If you're a student at CSULB... TAKE MARINE BIO WITH PROFESSOR GOODMANLOWE!!!


Today, seeing how it was another amazing day in LA, I headed out to the beach. It's the first 2014 beach day for me. I don't know about you, but I've always felt that the beach was a place to meditate. I'm usually there with friends, but for the most part I want to take it all in instead of socializing. Just listening to the waves break, walking along the shore, feeling the breeze swoop your hair around. Today I really just wanted to tan and read a book. Which I did, even if it was briefly. Then I spent time with my friends.



I got to teach one of my "nieces" about mussels. There were so many mussels washed up on the shore. Most were empty. Her face was priceless, especially after we found an oyster and a crab! She was ecstatic telling everyone about what she saw. Then of course, I got to be silly and ran through a flock of seagulls. 



Being in nature has always been a form of therapy for me. I feel at peace and in a way recharged for the upcoming week. I really needed it. 


Comments

  1. Awwww ya’ll had fun!! The beach is definitely the best and look at you looking good at the beach hahahaha! {wink wink}

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts